King Chef and Tokyo Bubble Tea now at 238 Banawe

Written by: Gabrielle Borromeo

2014 JUNE 10, 238 BANAWE—It’s almost mom's birthday, June 12, so my family and I celebrated it early at King Chef and Tokyo Bubble Tea. These two establishments are restaurants we really go to occasionally.

From the house, we took a cab to King Chef located right behind Starbucks Banawe, but to our surprise it wasn't there anymore. King Chef has moved to 238 Banawe, the newest building of Banawe that caters to gastronomic experiences and leisure.


King Chef at 238 Banawe still looks the same, just a little more simple than what it used to be, maybe because it just moved. It's also spacious but I'm not sure if it's as spacious as the one that was located behind Starbucks which had two floors and a lot of rooms; it even had a private function room. I never really memorized the restaurant setting even if I went there occasionally but at its new location, the whole restaurant was visible in one viewpoint.

As for the food, it was great. I loved the dimsum. With Chinese food being my favorite cuisine, King Chef was really a must-go restaurant. Here are pictures of what we ordered.

I think they call it Shrimp Dumpling, but I grew up calling it Hakao. One of my fave!
Quail-Egg Siomai
I always order Quail-Egg Siomai. For me, it's one of those orders (including Hakao and Pork Siomai) you just have to make when you're in a Chinese restaurant. The dining experience is just never complete without them.

Pork Siomai
Japanese Siomai
I kind of always found it amusing how Japanese Siomai existed in a Chinese restaurant, but it did. I still prefer the Chinese Siomai over the Japanese one, which is the total opposite when it comes to my little sister who'd pick the latter rather than the first.

I totally apologize for forgetting the name of this dish but it wasn't that great anyway to be honest.



My family always ordered this dish because it really tastes fantastic every single time. I say this even if I'm not into fried food, these King Chef fried prawn balls are a must-try for anyone!



Sesame Prawn Roll
Well this one, the Sesame Prawn Roll was something we just tried now and we weren't fond of it at all.


Mantao with Condensed Milk
I have loved Mantao ever since the first time I've tried it, it changed my life. Haha! I talk like I'm in love. There's just something about it that I just can't let go. Maybe I'm just a milk fanatic + bread-lover + a sweet tooth which is why the combination was grand.

But unfortunately I did not enjoy my Mantao at King Chef. There was just something about it that didn't make it perfect. The bread wasn't chewy and to be honest, I hardly tasted the bread. I felt like I was just dipping crust to the condensed milk. :(

After stuffing ourselves with dimsum, we craved dessert. So off to Tokyo Bubble Tea we were!

The Tokyo Bubble Tea menu
I've been to different Tokyo Bubble Tea locations but never have I seen it as pink as it is in 238 Banawe. The pinkness was adorable!




The place even has a grand staircase for those who want a grand entrance.


Light bulbs literally hanging from the ceiling.


Green colors were the accents at Tokyo Bubble Tea.
The pastry selection of Tokyo Bubble Tea
We ordered a variety of drinks at Tokyo Bubble Tea. Since they have huge servings and we were full anyway, we ordered our drinks in large sizes and had it served in two glasses to share.


My brother Vingie and I shared a Chocolate Milk Tea.
Mom and dad shared a Royal Milk Tea.
My brother Johann and my sister Lulu shared a Mango Tea Slush.

King Chef and Tokyo Bubble Tea are located at 238 Banawe 1100 Quezon City, Philippines.

Comments