Ber Months and Halloween!

Written by: Gabrielle Borromeo
Photos by: Gabrielle Borromeo

Once again, the ber months have begun. So here’s a long overdue post during last year's ber month celebration: Halloween! I love Halloween because it’s the only time of the year anyone can dress in the craziest way possible and not get judged for it.



                   

                   

To be honest, it was the first time I made an effort to dress up for Halloween and party the night away with my friends. Years back, my usual Halloween was spent in villages with family and friends ‘trick or treating’ for goodies.



Last year, I dressed up as Cleopatra. The costume is owned by my tita who I was living with during my vacation in Cebu. Portraying Cleopatra was definitely a check in my bucketlist! I can't wait to dress up for Halloween again. Who should I be this year?



In line with Halloween, I also had my nails done a few days back. I had them painted like vampire fangs and a skeleton. You won't believe but I had them done for only Php 85.00.




My childhood bestfriend, Ghia Balankig, was dressed up as Maleficent minus the horns. She looked so wicked! Ghia would make a really good kontrabida because she has this fierce look that just suits her well.




Like I was saying, Ghia can really rock a bad girl look. She has the features to portray a villain, which I find really awesome. Not everyone can pull this.


Pent House
Every club we went to was jam-packed. Halloween had everyone enjoying the night of their lives. Since it was a year ago, I don’t exactly recall the sequence of places we partied at but I remember going to Barcode, Penthouse, The Loft and Figola. Cebu’s sort of a small city so everything’s so near each other, bar hopping wasn’t a problem at all.

Halloween was fun because I celebrated it with old and new friends.We took lots of pictures despite the darkness of the place.



From left to right, we have Damian, King, Ghia and myself. This was the first time I met King, Ghia's college friend. King was a walking voodoo doll as he had his face painted with stitches. Damian is King's younger relative. Damian is dressed as Dracula.
This was the only clear picture I had with the DJ's who entertained the crowd with live music the whole time.



Look who Ghia and I bumped into? One of our classmates during elem days! Her name's Sunshine Alfanta.



Joko Dinsay and I go to the same university in Manila and took the same course too. It's funny I bumped into him in Cebu, although I knew he was also from there. He's dressed up as a prisoner.
Ghia and I had some midnight snack at Chowbungga! IT Park. We had this meaty quesadilla. I wasn't really a fan of it.

This is more like it, a cookie sandwich! I think I bought this at Simple Joys.
Last year was a blast, I'm definitely looking forward to this year's Halloween party! ;)


Comments